Welcome to my dumping ground! Here you will find most of the stuff I will admit to creating for the Web, including:
- Ignorant, embarrassing, really long rants!
- Technical guides and resources that are probably out of date!
- Failed attempts at weblogs!
- The detritus of my disastrous grad school career!
- A set of filtered pages, which you probably should avoid!
- Whatever else I feel compelled to share with the world!
Because I update this site infrequently, the best way to keep updated is by subscribing to this website's internet feeds.
I currently live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I currently am employed as a Level 2 Computer Janitor at The Working Centre, which is a community development organization masquerading as an employment centre.
In the past I was a sessional computer science lecturer at The University of Waterloo.
Educationally speaking, I attended:
- Afton Elementary School in Edmonton
- Havenwood Elementary School in Mississauga
- Ellengale Elementary and Queenston Elementary in Missisauga
- The Woodlands Secondary School in Mississauga
- The University of Toronto at Mississauga (neé Erindale College) in Mississauga
- The University of Waterloo
I have been involved with the following organizations and initiatives. (Many of these associations are now defunct or peripheral.
- The KW Freeskool project: http://kwfreeskool.wordpress.com
- The University of Waterloo Community Garden
- The Waterloo Public Interest Research Group at the University of Waterloo.
- Fair Vote Canada, in particular during the 2007 Ontario Referendum on Electoral Reform.
- The Kitchener-Waterloo Linux User Group.
- The Nonprofit Sysadmin Group, aka NetSquared Kitchener-Waterloo: http://meetup.com/netsquared-kitchener-waterloo
- Software Freedom Day in Kitchener-Waterloo: http://softwarefreedomday.org
If you have comments or would like to get in touch, feel free to contact me.
Unless otherwise specified, all of this content is copyright Paul Nijjar, with all rights reserved.
One exception to this is code and configuration snippets in mysection. Unless otherwise specified, those are in the public domain, so you can copy and use them without fear.
I understand that there are problems with this copyright, but it will have to do until I decide the best way to release this content.
I am pretty open to relicensing things and/or giving you permission to use this work in creative ways.if you are interested.
The CMS for this website is Ikiwiki: http://www.ikiwiki.info
The current background is a heavily (and unattractively) processed derivative work of a beautiful photograph: http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotbot/9686457096/. This photo was generously released by Scott Wylie under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
The previous background was a screen clipping from the program Cynosure from the Xscreensaver package: http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/ . Cynosure was written Stephen Linhart, Ozymandias G. Desiderata, and Jamie Zawinski.
The ugly theme has been customized by yours truly, using a purloined copy of Eric A. Meyer's excellent book Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide, 2nd. edition.